Sunday, February 21, 2010

WEST HIGH BASEBALL...

So, Stephen coached his first scrimmage on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I did not make it as I had a few things to do. He had a great time, of course, as always. It is almost as a brain teaser, I think, as he gets to study and learn all the players moves and skills. Even thought he has been coaching for at least 5 years given or taken, I see how excited he gets at being the one making the shots (sort of speak). He does not only visions baseball but he makes it happen as he would say. As you may see, this blog is dedicated to my husband and baseball. All week he has been preparing for his season premiere as he organizes and plans very precisely indeed a plan. I enjoy watching him. He is so intense and I just adore him.

Earlier on the week, he told me he was planning a barbecue for the scrimmage game to raise profits for the West High School team for this past Saturday. I immediately jumped all over it (something my husband would say, lol) to sign up and help. I know I haven't been the most supportive wife when it comes to baseball but I do what I can. I might not be there for every single game per say; however, I do support him in other ways I so hope as I understand his crazy schedule and his limited time doing things at home. Anyways, on Tuesday we bought a grill, and on Friday we went to Smart and Final to buy all the food essentials. Once home (at 8:30 pm), we remembered that we had forgotten one essential thing which was gas tank for the grill! So, we decided to go to Orchard Supply Hardware store to buy it and to our luck we got to the store 2 minutes before they closed and were able to buy the gas tank. HAHAHA, I can only imagined us on that Saturday morning to find no gas to cook with. On the morning of the scrimmage, I got to the school at 8:45 am got set up as I organized all the drinks, candy, chips, and food to be prepared. The only flop that took place was that a soon to be coach that was supposed to help me did not show up. I was not worried, at first, till I realized that I would have to cook and handle the money at the same time. So, I started to plan how would I do it by using my special new grilling tools ; ). As soon as I started cooking, I realized I had forgotten the CHEESE! What to do, so I called my mommy. She immediately came over dropped of the cheese and asked if I would you like some help which to that point I needed. So, she headed back home to take a shower and came back. LOVE HER! By the way our raise fund cook off went well as we made $201 dollars even after all our odds were against us with the weather at least. Man was it windy or what yesterday. I almost felt that the grill would fly away (well not really but I had to re-start the grill more then three times). My hot dogs and hamburgers were a complete success and people kept telling me I was doing a great job. During my cook off, I felt as I was in that show on TLC called Barbecue pitmasters, lol, not quite. I also received good feedback from West High baseball players's parent as they praise all the hard work and dedication my superb husband is doing. One even mentioned that the Tracy newspaper had written something regarding the baseball team and my husband. I felt so proud. Not that I was not already proud but just to hear good things about my husband it asserts all the good I know he has in him. For others to see it, it is just so heart warming to me. After the game, immediately he showed me the newspaper and I read it with pride. Everything about him was so accurate and to the point.

Sorry, I know it was supposed to be about him and I just ramble an entire paragraph of what I did and how I feel about him. He had a great time observing both varsity, sophomore and freshman games. At the end, I know he felt he accomplished a good time of baseball. I was exhausted by that time. I left a little earlier than him to go home after counting the profit. Once home, I laid down for a bit. Not long after, Stephen got home and we went to Costco and Safeway with my mom. We wanted to rent some movies but the movies I really wanted were not available. We decided to go home to watch "Couples Retreat," which is a really good movie but I was too tired to watch it all. Half way we decided to go to bed. Can't hang like I use to...I guess I'm getting old!

Today, we woke up around 8:30 am and decided to make waffles, bacon, and eggs. After breakfast I wanted to go to see if the movies I wanted were available and to our good surprise they were! We got home and watched both "A Law Abiding Citizen" and "Love Happens." Both very good movies. Now I will spend the rest of the day with my sexy husband before we start another hectic week. My plans include a meeting with the principal of Washington Manor and some teachers for my volunteering possibilities at the school, studying for CSET exams and some more barbecuing on Friday to raise more money for West High. I'm sure loving how things are changing for the positive in so many ways. Hope to continue to enjoy all the dreams both my husband and I share for ourselves together. I'm lucky to say that I get to spend the rest of my life with my true and only best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment