Friday, April 30, 2010

CHANGES!!!!

So, I have again decided to make a HUGE decision in my life. After experiencing teaching through volunteering and now substitute teaching, I decided to change my career to a previous choice that did not seem reachable at the time. I had mentioned that I wanted to do nursing probably about one year ago but in the sake of getting a career short term that would be fulfilling personally I decided to go into teaching. Yet, with all the budget cuts including the credential program that has been cancelled more than once at Cal State East Bay I've decided to not continue further with this decision. Thank GOD for my bachelor degree! Now, all I need to do is focus on getting a EMT certificate which will allow me to get some medical experience. Later, I will plan to apply to a nursing program but will be more detail on that once I apply and get in the program (fingers crossed).

Back to teaching, I continue to volunteer at Stephen's school for the meantime and excited to said that I've been called three times to substitute teach here in Tracy. My favorite day so far of substitute teaching was today. I got to teach 7th graders and for my surprise they were well behaved. At the end all told me how much they have liked me and hope to see me soon. That definitely made the day worth it. It helped that the teacher left a well planned out schedule that allowed me to relax and take care of business. I guess organization is the key in keeping the kids out of trouble and focus. By the way, the Summer Cal Poly Start Program staff called me and said that I would be excellent for a position; however, since I will be taking classes during this time I had to declined. It was so tough for me since I was looking forward for the experience but I guess it is for the best. I learned that teaching is hard work but so fulfilling at the same time. Even thought I have made a change career wise, I will always remember the time I spent in the classrooms and hopefully I made a small difference with the kids I interacted with.

Stephen is enjoying baseball season which soon will be over. I'm sure he is sad about it as he enjoys every minute spent on the field. Yet, he might be looking forward in enjoying some free time during the summer days. Sadly, he is not sure if he will have a job for the next school year as he received a pink slip, but is actively searching for a job in hopes of getting a job offer in Tracy. We are positive that something will come up. I myself have been actively looking for a job. I'm hoping that once I obtain the EMT certificate I can work during nights and take classes during the day to achieve my goal.

That is it for us and we are working hard to succeed with our goals!!!

P.S. I'm a lucky girl for the wonderful supportive family I have. Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment