Saturday, March 20, 2010

Exciting stuff!!!

For the last two weeks I have not stuck to my workout as I have been very busy. First week, I had to prepare myself for the three exams I took on March 13. Second week, I have volunteered a few days at Washington Manor. Volunteering has been rewarding, challenging and surprisingly a good learning experience. For the entire school day, I just help a student that needs much needed help in understanding certain words or just understanding the assignments. I also have taken it upon myself that he will pay more attention in class as he distracts very easily from the assignments. AND no he does not have AHDH/ADD! I really think because of his disconnection of what people are actually saying and the difference in learning style in classes compared to classes in Mexico his attention or motivation gets loss. I can see that at times learning is a big obstacle for him in many ways. He does not only feel a bit defeated but also frustrated so the easy way out is to copy everything he sees without any understanding behind it. I know this because I have observed him and I myself did this throughout elementary and middle school. Throughout this time, I HATED math and it was not until I took algebra in high school that I began to have some interest in math. I do have to say that my teacher was the best and she did show me at least that she was interested in our learning by her teaching style and method. At that point I knew I was smart and that I could love math. Well, algebra at least cause I still hate geometry! Back to the student, so I ask the teacher if I can pull him out from the class during math warm-ups so he can focus without being distracted by what is going on in class with the other students. She said yes so I will start taking him out to the hallway during class so I can help him focus and hopefully start to learn the material more thoroughly. I do hope for him to focus more because I can tell that he is a very smart kid.

I have also been busy as I have been looking for jobs as a substitute teacher. I had gone to the Tracy district but no luck; however, my husband is always paying attention to the classifieds on the Tracy newspaper and keeps an eye open for me. Well, he saw an add that advertised a need for a assistant aide for one of the school district in Tracy. When I called, I also learned that they also need a substitute teacher position. Now I'm working on getting my 30 day permit and getting my fingerprints done at the San Joaquin County of Education so I can substitute teach in Tracy.

Today I woke up till 8:00 am. Since my husband was up already, I went down to the kitchen to look for him. He was already preparing the grill to be use for today's baseball game. At that point he tells me to go get a print out from the printer upstairs. My reply is "can you get it yourself!" and he tells he on how his hands are wet and if I can please get it. So unwillingly I went upstairs while thinking why in the world he needs this paper and why can't he get it once he goes upstairs to get ready to leave to go the game. So, I get the paper and look at it and it does not look very important (mind me I'm not completely awake yet). So, I realized that this is a receipt for tickets for my favorite singer ever. Whom did you ask...well the one and only Lady Gaga! Yes, I'm a fan of her music. I mentioned to him that I never have been to a concert of any musician but for some reason I would love to go see Lady Gaga and I guess he really listened as he got tickets for August 17. So, at that point I can't stop giggling as I realized the reason of why he wanted me to get the print out so bad. He wanted to surprise me. It was a surprise alright as we had not talked about it or he had not giving me a hint or any word on us going to her concert. Well, I guess he did mentioned that she would be having concerts in the area and that certain stations were giving free tickets but I never expected him to buy the tickets. Yep, I do have a very good husband and I love when he surprises me like this because he always gets me. So, these are all the exciting events going on in my life at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment