Saturday, June 19, 2010

Surprise!!!!

So as many of you know, my parents-in-law will be moving to Tracy in about approximately a month. It all happened so fast but I'm thrilled to have them closer. Not only will we see each other as often as we used to on the old days but it will be comforting to have them closer. I know Stephen gets so busy with his daily schedule but he does enjoy spending time with his family. So, their new house is beautiful with a pool and three bedrooms (1 master--2 regular bedrooms). We all are looking forward in being able to hangout more. I feel so lucky to have great parents-in-law that I can actually say I love them ; ).

Anyways, so today was my official second day at Ihop which went much smoother than the first. Being a hostess is not bad at all. All I have to do as a hostess is welcome customers in, sit them down, smile and talk to them about their day or plans, and wish them a great time at Ihop. It can be chaotic at times but once you settle tables down it can be smooth again. I guess having 4-5 hours to work can make it easier as the shift feels shorter. Hope to continue having fun and enjoying my summer which seems to be full of events. Yesterday, I finally decided I was tire of waiting for a time where I could go out with my busy husband to work on the backyard and actually surprised my self with 6 hours of work put in. I pulled so many weeds and trimmed the tress. After I was done, the bin was so heavy and full that I could not believe how much work I had done. Regardless of the aches and pains felt after a hard day of work, it feels great also observing how nice the backyard finally looks but at the same time I know there are other smaller tasks that need to be done. Oh, well!!! Can't get everything done but will sure try to work on it more often because once everything accumulates or piles up it can be too laborious to handled. I guess as many will say this is the joy of being a homeowner because taking pride in your own property can be rewarding regardless of all the work that needs to be put in.

By the way, hope you all have a wonderful father's day since it will be tomorrow. I can't believe I almost forgot even thought I tried to keep reminding myself all month. No wonder I mostly saw dad's with their kids at Ihope, duh. Well, I realized my forgetfulness and wished all the dad's a very happy father's day. I hope I don't forget tomorrow when the day will actually be father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment